MakerGear Prusa 3D Printer
Kits ordered today are expected to ship in two to three weeks.*
The MakerGear Prusa Mendel Kit is the DIY, hands-on, build-your-own 3D Printer Kit for makers! Build yourself a 3D Printer from the ground up using quality parts including:
- Fully Assembled RAMPS 1.4 electronics Kit including a Mega 2560
- 1.8 degree NEMA 17 Stepper Motors
- Super-straight Stainless Steel M8 Threaded Rods
- Stainless Steel Fasteners - including extras (in case you lose a few)
- High-Quality, Hardened, Precision-Ground and Polished 8mm Steel Linear Shafting**
- Precision, Self-Aligning, Press-Fit 8mm Bronze Bearings
- High Quality ABS Printed Parts (currently all parts are printed in white) including Vertexes, X Carriage Mounts, Z Mounts, Clamps, etc.
- Laser Cut Y-Carriage
- Machined Z-axis Couplers
- MakerGear Stepper Plastruder Kit with Fully Assembled Hot-end (either for 1.75 or 3mm filament) includes High Quality NEMA 17 Geared Stepper Motor, Filament Drive and MakerGear Hot-End Kit (works with both ABS and PLA)
- "8 x 8" Heated Build Surface PCB with Resistors and LEDs pre-soldered
- 12V ATX Power Supply
- Manufactured XL Pulleys and XL Belt
- Miscellaneous Bits including 1" and 1/4" rolls polyimide tape, spiral wire wrap, shrink tubing, hex wrenches, zip ties and more
The MakerGear Prusa Mendel Kit includes EVERYTHING you'll need to get printing. It will take some time and patience to get it set and tuned but the only thing you'll need to add is filament!
Once you've assembled your 3D Printer, you'll be able to take an idea, model it (using 3D modeling software), slice it and print it on your MakerGear Prusa Mendel.
Detailed on-line instructions are available here and you can check-out what others have said about MakerGear Products here and here.
If you're ready to make tomorrow, order your MakerGear Prusa Mendel Kit today!
Important Note: The Metric Prusa kits now (8/29/11) ship, by default, with manufactured XL pulleys and belts. If you prefer T5, we can supply T5 belt with high quality printed T5 pulleys, on request. Unless you specifically need T5, the manufactured XL pulleys are recommended.
Add-on an extra hot-end of your choice to your MakerGear Prusa Mendel purchase to allow you to switch between 1.75mm and 3mm filament. This extra hot-end is available for either 1.75mm or 3mm filament and includes:
- V3 Hybrid GrooveMount - either for 1.75mm or 3mm filament
- 36mm Barrel - turned down on both ends
- .35mm BigHead Nozzle
- HeatCore Kit
- Modular Thermistor Kit
- Rubber-Coated Fiberglass Insulation
- 2 M6 Nuts
- Wooden Prusa Mounting Pieces
8x8 Heater PCB (Red) with pre-soldered LEDs and Resistors (does not include a thermistor or any wiring) - We are now (1/2/12) offering our Heater PCB as a stand-alone item. If you are ordering a MakerGear Prusa Mendel Kit, this pre-soldered Heater PCB is already included with your kit and there is no need to order it separately. Order this item separately only if you'd like it as a stand-alone item or if you'd like a second Heater PCB with your MakerGear Prusa Mendel Kit.
*Please understand that these kits consist of many hundreds of parts and require a complex supply chain. We do our best to meet the shipping estimates listed above but sometimes shipments are delayed, damaged, lost or we receive wrong or unacceptable parts. If a crucial component is delayed, we may not be able to meet the estimated shipping date. If there is a delay, you will be informed via email so please be sure you provide a correct/working email address with your order. If you do not receive an order confirmation within 24 hours, please let us know. We reserve the right to substitute parts based on availability as certain parts may be delayed or difficult to obtain. Substituted parts will be of equivalent quality and will not impact functionality.
** We switched from Stainless Steel shafting to very high quality steel linear shafting for orders placed after 2-20-12
THE PRODUCTS SOLD ON THIS WEBSITE SHOULD ONLY BE USED BY EXPERIENCED INDIVIDUALS, OR UNDER THE DIRECT SUPERVISION OF EXPERTS. NO WARRANTY OF THEIR SUITABILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER IS MADE OR OFFERED BY US. YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCTS SOLD ON THIS WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOUR PURCHASE OR USE OF ANY PRODUCT HEREFROM SHALL SERVE AS YOUR EXPLICIT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND CONSENT TO THE FACT THAT WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR, ANY HARM, LOSS (ECONOMIC OR OTHERWISE), INJURY OR DEATH RESULTING FROM THE ASSEMBLY OR OPERATION OF OUR PRODUCTS, EITHER AS INSTRUCTED OR OTHERWISE, AND AFFIRM THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL YOU BE ENTITLED TO ANY DAMAGES OF ANY SORT WHATSOEVER RELATED TO YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF OUR PRODUCTS.